A mother of 2 recently had to have her eye removed after a freak accident involving her makeup! Erica Diaz, was cleaning her face after a night out with friends when she felt something strange in her eyelid…
According to a post from her friend on her GoFund Me page: “My friend, Erica Diaz recently lost a good portion of her eye to glitter. That’s right, I said “glitter”. Somehow a piece of glitter accidentally fell in her eye and got lodged there.
“The piece of glitter that fell into her eye had cut her cornea and ended up getting infected! The infection quickly spread throughout her eye, filling her eye with pus and causing her excruciating pain from the pressure.”
“On Tuesday, February 24, 2015, Erica had emergency surgery on her eye, to try and save it. While they were only supposed to take a small portion, they ended up needing to take out much more than anticipated. Also, during the surgery, because of the extent of the infection, the anesthesia did not properly work and she had to be sedated more than originally planned. Erica has extensive allergies and sensitivities, which makes surgery, anesthesia and post op care even more challenging. ”